Princess Diana

Analysis of blood samples from the car in which Diana had been travelling and from the driver, Henri Paul, and fragments of paint and vehicle components from the crash site provided important evidence to suggest that the crash had been an accident and not anything more sinister.

Floribert Chebeya

Chebeya had been asked to meet with Congo's Inspector General of Police, the national police chief, General John Numbi, on 1 June 2010. It is unknown if this meeting occurred. Chebeya texted his wife to inform her he had arrived at police HQ for the meeting but that was the last contact he had with the outside world. He was later found dead by passers-by in the backseat of his car in a suburb of Kinshasa, with some clothing removed. Chebeya's driver had disappeared. Female hair and condoms were discovered alongside him in the car. His trousers were unzipped. No blood or bullet holes were found. On 6 June, the Congolese head of police was suspended and three police officers were arrested. Amnesty International's deputy Africa director, Veronique Aubert, issued a statement upon hearing of his death. Several representatives of the UN responded. UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon soon requested an independent investigation into Chebeya's death and promised to help in any way he could. The European Union called for an independent investigation into Chebeya's death. Congolese authorities said they would permit Dutch experts to assist with the autopsy on Chebeya's body. Several people were convicted in this case in 2011.


In the summer of 2011 an Iranian hacker alledgedly broke into the systems of Diginotar, a company that provided trusted cryptographic certificates to the Dutch national government and to commercial companies. These certificates were used to authenticate web sites, as well as qualified (i.e., legally binding) electronic signatures on digital documents. The hacker proceeded to generate certificates in the names of various organisations, including Google. One of these certificates might have been used to eavesdrop on large numbers of Iranian people - an organisation believed to be the Iranian government impersonated Google using a Diginotar certificate created by the hacker, and might have been able to read people's encrypted e-mail communication.

After the hack was discovered, Fox-IT was asked to investigate the traces left by the hacker. Hans Henseler, member of the management board, was part of the investigating team. The investigation is still on-going, but an interim report ed to the worldwide revocation of trust in Diginotar certificates.

Roberto Calvi

The Italian banker was found hanging under Blackfriars Bridge in 1981, was originally thought to have committed suicide.  However, our careful re-examination of his clothing and extensive experimentation in and around the murder scene years after the event proved that he had actually been murdered, and this was taken up by the Italian courts.

Mariska Mast

In August 2008, a friend delivered young Dutch schoolteacher Mariska Mast to a hospital in Honduras where she was spending a diving holiday. Mariska was declared ‘dead on arrival’. According to the friend, Mariska had ‘become unwell’ and fallen. After a week in remand custody, the friend fled the island and was nowhere to be found. Our investigation shed important new light on the case, and exposed several serious blunders by the judicial authorities involved. Peter tracked-down the fugitive friend in Australia in 2010.

Eric O.

On 23 December 2003 Dutch sergeant-major Eric O. of the Dutch Marine Corps fired two warning shots during the mission of the UN Stabilization Force in Iraq. At the same time, allegedly an Iraqi civilian was wounded. Eric O. is charged with murder and disobeying the rules of engagement . During the trial, Professor Knoops, who represented Eric O., called a number of expert witnesses, including an expert on ballistics of the FBI and a Swiss expert on forensic ballistics. Eric O. was acquitted in October 2004 by the military court in Arnhem , and in May 2005 by the Appellate Court in Arnhem.

Cheryl Lewis ‘Death on the Nile’

The young solicitor who died in mysterious circumstances whilst in Egypt.  UK lab tests failed to find anything suspicious but the investigator wasn’t satisfied.  Further work revealed she had actually died from cyanide poisoning – the court decided this had been administered by her boyfriend.

Damilola Taylor

The young boy who died after being stabbed in the leg with a broken bottle.  An attempt to prosecute three young men failed and the case became a cause-celebre.  A re-investigation uncovered blood and textile fibre evidence on clothing seized only five days after the murder from two other suspects.  This had been missed during the original investigation.

Rachel Nickell

Rachel Nickell was killed while out cycling in a London Park with her young son in 1992. The police suspected Colin Stagg but lacked proof.  Re-investigations revealed DNA from an unknown male on samples from Rachel’s body.  This led to the identification of her killer and paint and shoemark links were also established with him.  A flaw in the original DNA profiling technique had prevented the evidence coming to light earlier. Colin Stagg was finally exonerated.

Lynette White

Lynette White was a young prostitute subjected to a brutal knife attack in 1989.  Three men – ‘The Cardiff 3’, were convicted of her murder but subsequently acquitted because of concerns about the police investigation.  Our re-investigation years later uncovered the murderer’s blood hidden under subsequent paintwork at the scene.  His identify was revealed by a search for possible members of his family on the National DNA Database.  ‘The Cardiff 3’ were finally exonerated.

The Baarn murder

An elderly couple, Han and Ria Muller, disappeared from their home in Baarn in early 2000. A ‘friend’ was looking after the house. Neighbours and friends were told that they had gone to a monastery. The police took no action when informed of the disappearance. Our investigation revealed that the couple had been murdered by the ‘friend’ and buried on a play farm. Four years after their death and disappearance, their bodies were found. The murderer was convicted.

“The Coastal Path Murders”

In 1989, a middle-aged couple were brutally murdered at the end of their summer vacation in one of the UK’s best known beauty spots – the coastal path in Pembrokeshire.  This became one of the Country’s most high profile unsolved cases.  But a recent re-investigation uncovered microscopic traces of one of the victim’s blood on a pair of shorts from convicted burglar and armed robber – John Cooper.  Further work revealed a myriad of textile fibre links between Cooper and these two victims, and with the victims of another double murder and a multiple sexual assault.  Cooper was convicted with the recommendation that he serve the rest of his life in prison.

The case of “Putten”

In October 1995 both Wilco Viets and Herman du Bois were sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for the murder of stewardess Christel Ambrosius. However, hair samples and sperm that was found at the scene of the crime were never linked to the two alleged convicts. Professor Knoops requested revision of the case, which was granted by the Dutch Supreme Court on 26 June 2001; partially because of new evidence presented at the request of Professor Knoops (who at this stage represented the two convicts) by a DNA expert from the United States, Dr. Henry Lee, who also worked on the O.J. Simpson case. It was found that the two men were wrongfully convicted, and they were acquitted on 24 April 2002. Peter has also played a very significant role in the case.


On Tuesday, July 19th 2011, twenty-one members of the hacker collective known as "Anonymous" were arrested across the globe (four of them were apprehended by Dutch police). Anonymous had quickly gained notoriety in 2010 for their politically-motivated attacks on the Australian government, various financial institutions such as VISA and MasterCard, and In early 2011 this escalated into the hacking of, and subsequent release of confidential customer information of, organisations such as Sony, Bank of America, and (allegedly) NATO. Four arrests in the Netherlands resulted from an online police investigation in which Hans (Henseler) participated.

The Bolhaar murders

Corrina Bolhaar and her two children Donna and Sharon were found murdered in their home in 1984. The case remained unsolved for nearly 18 years until our investigation turned up new clues. A star witness was found, who testified for the Crown that her ex-boyfriend had committed the triple murder. The man was arrested and ultimately sentence to life imprisonment.

Robčiks M.

In December 2010, police arrested a 27-year-old Latvian employee of a child care centre in Amsterdam. It turned out that the man in question had committed child abuse on a large scale with the young children in his care, and played a central role in a global child pornography network (in fact, an image found in a separate child pornography investigation in the United States triggered his arrest). Hans (Henseler) and his team helped police trace the suspect's online activities and to take down a number of particularly gruesome hidden internet websites.

Milan Babić

Mr. Babić was indicted for war crimes by the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in 2004; he was the first ever indictee to admit guilt and make a plea bargain with the prosecution, after which he was sentenced to 13 years in prison. He was found dead in his Hague prison cell on March 6, 2006, having apparently committed suicide. Frank van de Goot performed the autopsy on Mr. Babić



Financial Statements 2012

Financiel Statements 2013

Jaarrekening IFT 2013